Monday, June 20, 2016

road trip day thirteen: DISNEYLAND!!

disney morning
Jacob was feeling much better in the morning so we headed to DISNEYLAND bright and early as planned to make it for rope drop.  We spent the first few hours doing as many rides as possible before our brunch reservation at the Plaza Inn for the Minnie and Friends breakfast.

chip... or dale??
Having a great time with Chip!

meeting minnie
Meeting Minnie Mouse.

breakfast and max
The kids had a great time loading up their plates at the buffet and then rushing back to meet the characters.  I loved how interactive they all were-- much more so than we've seen at Walt Disney World, especially in the last few years.

Rafiki was the next to stop by our table.

captain hook
When Captain Hook came by he was really interested in the kids' pins and lanyards.  He took Christopher's off his neck and presented it to Minnie as a gift before returning it and posing for pictures with our crew!!

Everyone loves Tigger (except of course for Ellie who was afraid of EVERY character we saw)!!

winnie the pooh
Winnie the Pooh... and Grandma, too!

Jacob ended up leaving to go sit on Main Street during breakfast because he wasn't feeling well again.  By the time we got to him, he was burning up and we headed straight for the First Aid Station.  Now, we've been going to Disneyland forever (and fairly often!), but we have NEVER needed to use Disney First Aid and weren't sure what to expect.  Let me tell you, the First Aid Station lives up to the hype and was phenomenal!  They took great care of him and let him lay down and rest for a bit as well as get hydrated.  However, when his temp was still 104, we (meaning all of the adults in our party minus the stubborn patient) decided that a trip to Urgent Care was in order.  Jacob and I headed to the car and the kiddos stayed with Grandma and Grandpa!

the horsies
King Arthur Carrousel fun with the grandparents.

The First Aid Station gave us a list of urgent care centers near the park and luckily there are about ten to choose from.  I found one that was about five minutes away and had no wait so Jacob got seen in no time!  Turns out, he had pneumonia (!!) and not a pulled muscle like he thought but after a couple of shots and a prescription for antibiotics we were out of there and he was feeling markedly better.  By the time we got back to Disneyland (less than two hours after we left!) he was almost as good as new and definitely feeling well enough to spend the rest of the day having fun!

back at the park
We're back at the Happiest Place on Earth!!  Ellie LOVED "It's A Small World".  Grandma and Lexie on the Jungle Cruise.

critter country
We spent the rest of the day riding as much as possible and ended up near Splash Mountain just as the sun was going down.  The kids were even able to convince Grandma to go on it with them-- although she wore a poncho!

The ride stopped several times while they were on it and once we could even see them.  Look at those silly people in the back wearing their rain ponchos!!  ;)

faces of ellie
Sweet and silly girl.

All in all, it was one of the most interesting days we've ever had at Disneyland!  We had exceptional service from start to finish though-- the characters were phenomenal at brunch, the nurses at the First Aid Station were a great help, and the doctors at Anaheim Urgent Care were quick and effective, so even with the pneumonia set back, it was still a successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive